Simple textbox instead of collecton

Stimo

12 Oct, 2012 03:40 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to use Autosuggest plugin but have a simple textbox instead of a control that allows adding multiple items? The plugin does everything I need, but I want users to select one value and just paste the text of the selected item into the textbox.

Thanks,
Stimo

1. 1 Posted by Jon on 15 Oct, 2012 06:41 AM

I don't understand what you mean. Do you want to allow to select just one value?

2. 2 Posted by Stimo on 15 Oct, 2012 09:59 AM

Hi Jon, thanks for your prompt reply.
    I need autosuggest to behave like google's autosuggest:
    www.google.com

When you start typing, it shows suggested items, and when you select one of them, it just edits your input's text. Whereas the Autosuggest plugin adds a blue box with your selection, which isn't editable, copyable or manageable as text. All you can do is delete it by clicking on the little cross (see attachment).

I hope it was clearer.

3. 3 Posted by Jon on 15 Oct, 2012 01:21 PM

Ok, now I understand what you are looking for.
    I think you should try another plugin, for example jQueryUI .

Maybe you could modify this plugin with some minor changes (different CSS classes) but I think that would take more time than learning how to use another plugin.

4. 4 Posted by Tony Chopper on 25 Mar, 2014 02:54 AM

I might caught your meaning correctly. Nevertheless, I think in this situation, you may try some editor textbox control, there are even textbox control tutorial for you to follow, this kind of thing might be helpful.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac