Google+ Style

Mike

19 Jul, 2011 08:03 PM

If you are not a user of Google+ please see my attached screenshot for reference.

I would like to duplicate the Google+ form functionality in full. It seems like Autocomplete could do this. I just don't know how. I'm not a scripting person, just HTML/CSS.

It seems the only thing missing from Autocomplete is the ability to click on the text field (without typing anything) and have a drop down appear with predefined groups that user has already set up elsewhere. That and a little pop up that shows you who/what is in that group when you hover over it once selected and in the text field. As well as the ability to colorize each of those groups depending on some other factor. For Google+ that factor is green for public groups and blue for individuals and private groups the user has already created.

How would this be possible to achieve with Autocomplete? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by Mike on 29 Dec, 2011 03:20 PM

Still nothing huh? No one has any idea how to do this?

2. 2 Posted by Mike on 15 Nov, 2012 03:24 PM

I take it after a year and half after this question was first asked, that this is something this script will never be able to do.

Anyone know of any scripts that might do it?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• gplus_circle_select.jpg 59.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac