[MODS] Move selections, JSON array for input value , etc...

TJ McKenzie

19 Dec, 2010 02:35 AM

Although my javascript skills are sub-par at best, I've spend the last couple of weeks slowing modifying this plugin with a few tweaks I personally found useful.
Along with a few bug fixes I've found on these forums, I've implemented my own and would like to share them with the rest of you to do with as you will. I'm sure my code is hectic ad sloppy, but it works (for the most part).

Features I've added:
- Converted the hidden values field string to a JSON array string. Much easier to deal with in PHP when processed. - Selections display option. Original (inline with input) or Listed, showing under the input field with new separate class. - Disable input after selection limit is reached and attempted to be passed. (avoids the "tab" selection bug)

Subsequently, I am now able to prevent same auto suggested item multiple times. I seem to have broken that part of the original plugin, but wish to fix this, but honestly I have no clue how.

If anyone would like to use parts of this, or add on, or fix any mistakes I may have made, please feel free.
I'll try my best to answer any questions about my modifications you may have.

Previews:
- inline selections - Under Input Selection

(Note: I've done my best to keep old code commented out, and comment on my own additions to help see any changes I have made)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• jquery.autoSuggest.js 16.3 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac