how to remove autosuggest from a input text

aman

17 Dec, 2010 10:17 AM

After implementing autosuggest plugin is there any way to remove this plugin from input text ?

1. 1 Posted by TJ McKenzie on 19 Dec, 2010 04:34 AM

From a specific script or all? When you initialize the plugin, you can have it target a specific input element by targeting that inputs ID.

$("#search").autoSuggest(... Would only apply autosuggest to the first input element on the page with an ID of search

2. 2 Posted by aman on 19 Dec, 2010 04:28 PM

humm.. what I meant was if I apply this autosuggest to input#1 during starting of script, and if i want to remove this autosuggest plugin from it during some event in page, will I be able to unbind or destroy this autosuggest plugin from it ? if so then how?

3. 3 Posted by TJ McKenzie on 19 Dec, 2010 04:51 PM

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to disable the plugin after it's already been initialized.

If you'd like to disable it on a per-user bases, for instance a user does not want to use the autoSuggest feature, you can use php to only initialize the plugin if the proper settings are set.

4. 4 Posted by aman on 20 Dec, 2010 12:43 AM

ok.. i see so setting up php variables and refreshing the page might be a solution, thanx a lot TJ :)

5. 5 Posted by TJ McKenzie on 20 Dec, 2010 01:02 AM

If you don't have a user system, you could always use cookies to store the setting as well

I did happent to find another screw, by Drew, that has a destroy feature to remove itself from the page, but I have no figured out how to get it to work properly with autoSuggest.

You can see the documentation and download that jQuery script here:
    http://www.addfullsize.com/

Good luck, man.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac