Jeff Parr

16 Aug, 2010 12:52 PM

When tried in IE8, I got an error:

"Line: 12 Character: 15910
Code: 0
Error Message: 'undefined' is null or not an object
URL: http://drewwilson.com/js/jquery.js"

1. 1 Posted by Peter Donker on 06 Sep, 2010 12:55 PM

I'm also seeing this and trying to get this plugin to work correctly in IE 8 (it's not formatting the textboxes and dropdowns correctly in IE8). I think MS has just made life hard for us again :-(

Anyone any ideas?

Peter

2. 2 Posted by Jeff Parr on 06 Sep, 2010 01:07 PM

Actually it works fine in all IE vers. (7 and up, I gave up on six, unless I'm paid extra;)
    Problem is not in JS code.
    Drew's code is good.
    It is most likely CSS.
    IE needs special treatment.
    Try this, may help: https://drew.tenderapp.com/discussions/autosuggest/102-some-errors-...

3. 3 Posted by Peter Donker on 06 Sep, 2010 01:38 PM

Thanks man. I'll be trying to hack it together today.

Peter

4. 4 Posted by Eduo on 08 Feb, 2011 08:57 AM

Hi,

Did you ever get this fixed? As the OP, I can't even access the demo page in IE8. Like the second poster, I get the exact same result when trying an autosuggest in IE8 myself that works in Firefox.

The fact that it works for Jeff is befuddling, as is him linking to a ticket that fixes a problem about duplicated items (I added these fixes, thanks Jeff, not related to IE but still needed bugfixes). Maybe the link is not the right one?

I wouldn't mind getting rid of a good part of the styling but I can't find what exactly is breaking IE.

5. 5 Posted by Eduo on 08 Feb, 2011 09:03 AM

Correction. Jeff's comment was referring to the comment thread, not the post itself at
    https://drew.tenderapp.com/discussions/autosuggest/102-some-errors-...

In the comment linked, from that thread, there're indeed bugfixes for the error.

I'll see about including them in my version (can't "drop-in", sadly).

6. 6 Posted by Jeff Parr on 08 Feb, 2011 06:14 PM

There is no problem with autosuggest code, at least not with JS part of it.
    Problem is with css part of demo files, can't remember where it lies now.

Problem is also on demo page, Drew seems to lost interest in his project:), but we have too thank him making this code available to us.

Install that code anywhere on your own server and it will go ... (given you fix accompanying css/html part).

Other thread: see png's in rar attachements, some show issues with IE7 (lengths of boxes).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac