@jSuggest Thanks for you hard work on this jSuggest. I had a
difficult time as well getting this to work with JSON calls. I
Drew Wilson, but ended up way too over my head...
@Tom have you had any luck? I see the responses on stackoverflow
provide a diagnosis more than a solution.
I haven't really been trying to find a solution. As I mentioned
on the Stackoverflow post, the jquery UI autosuggest plugin is less
"pretty" by default, but I understand it completely. It's very easy
I've switched to using it and have been fairly happy so far. To
point you in the right direction if you care to take another stab
at it, the getJSON call needs to defer processing the data until
after getJSON returns a success. That means pretty much anything
that happens with the data will be in the callback function. I
think. I'm not an advanced AJAX developer either, so that's my
Anyway, I recommend using either Drew's plugin or the jQuery UI
for the moment. This one fixes a lot of Drew's bugs, but ultimately
isn't useful in a large project until it's feature complete.
So i managed to get some time and i fixed the getJSON()
I did not test it when developing because is not a feature im
using atm, but now it seems to work.
The issue was that the data retrieved from the url was not being
handled by the processData function. So I wrote a new function that
handles the data from the url and also from the object, so we don't
On the server side, the data must be sended the same way /
format which was originally done with the drew's autoSuggest
10 Posted by Pablo de la Pena on 28 May, 2012 11:53 AM
I think I've found a bug; search items cannot container regex
special characters. At least In my autosuggest of programming
languages most work fine with the exception of C++. I get an
Uncaught Syntax error:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /c++/:
Nothing to repeat
I have modified a version of jSuggest. The version I had found,
v 0.8, dated April 11, 2011 contained issues with the resultsHolder
DIV throwing an error in IE 8 and lower due to the way hover
detection was implemented in the script (or, due to the way hover
support was lacking in the browser).